T +44 (0) 20 7558 8066
M +44 (0) 7771 972 375
Commercial legal services
• your name, address and contact details
• date of birth
• bank account and payment details
• details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
• information about the services we provide to you.
We use this personal information to:
• verify your identity
• provide services to you
• notify you of any changes to our services that may affect you
• improve our services.
• consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
• contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you (such as our engagement to provide legal services), or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
• legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
• vital interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life
• public task: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
• legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests).
This data sharing enables them to despatch any necessary documents directly to you.
In the case of our accountants, this enables them to prepare our financial accounts
and, if applicable, to conduct an audit of Beven Legal.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required
by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see “Your rights” below.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which
they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to us
• let us have enough information to identify you
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let us know the information to which your request relates , including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach.
We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach
where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to
or call Raymond Beven on 020 7558 8066 or 07771 972 375.